- Samm is free software for tracking manuscript submissions and market information. It includes a market data base, an events database with reminders, report format and a search utility. Note: I use this utility. The only drawback is the description only holds about 172 words.
- WriteDB is a database system that enables writers to keep a track of the works they have created, the potential publishers they have identified and any submissions to those publishers. It allows you to quickly and easily see what works are awaiting a submission, which submissions are outstanding, which publishers you have tried etc. etc.
- Ink Link: Manuscript management for the working writer. The demo version will only handle three manuscripts but you can get an idea of how it works.
- Free Chapters Bookstore Coupon. Chapters bookstore is offering a $10.00 electronic coupon.
- SmartCalendarA free personal calendar online.
Markets that Pay
No entry fee
- Writer's Web West will host four Short Story and Poetry Contests during 1999. One first-place winner in each category will be selected and will receive $100 cash from The Bank of Grand Junction! Goto webpage for complete rules. Summer Contest - Sept. 30, 1999. Autumn Contest - Dec. 31, 1999.
- Reader's Digest welcomes on-line contributions to the following departments via U.S. Mail and E-mail:$400 for true, unpublished stories used in Life in These United States, Humor in Uniform (experiences in the armed services), Campus Comedy (life at college), Tales Out of School (high school anecdotes), All in a Day's Work (humor on the job) and Virtual Hilarity (computer-related stories). Maximum length: 300 words.
- Webstatic's Free Poetry / Prose Contest-First Place – $100 Second Place – $50 Third Place – $25 -see webpage for complete instructions